Ceropegia Woodii var. ‘Variegata’| Variegated String of Hearts
The Ceropegia genus includes a variety of beautiful ‘Strings of Things’ succulent-like plants, the most popular being String of Hearts, or Ceropegia woodii, also commonly called Rosary Vine, Sweetheart Vine, Chain of Hearts, Hearts Entangled, Necklace Vine, and Lantern Flower. They are beautiful, trailing houseplants native to Africa, southern Asia, and Australia. The delicate, heart-shaped foliage and slender vines produce small, waxy, purple, fountain-like flowers when they are kept in bright light. An interesting fact to note about String of Hearts is that their roots swell to create tubers underneath the soil. These tubers store lots of water, as do the semi-succulent leaves that grow on the vines, which is why they are often classified as succulent-like plants.
There are a few interesting String of Heart varieties with unique coloring and leaf shapes. The ‘Variegata’ being sold here, is an elegant, variegated form of the classic String of Hearts and is likely the most highly-sought of the bunch because not only are the leaves heart-shaped, but they have silver markings along with gorgeous pink and cream variegation. The purple hues of the stems add another beautiful element to this variety.
String of Hearts can be grown in almost any home and make and exceptional hanging plant while keeping a small footprint. They perfectly suit narrow spaces where larger hanging plants would swamp the area. The vines grow fast and can hang up to 10 ft! Fairly resistant to pests and diseases and will live happily in the same pot for several years without a single complaint. Plus they’re safe around pets as they’re non-toxic.
Requires lots of light. It can handle lower light, but its best to avoid gloomy, low light conditions and intense sun-drenched south-facing windows.The more light, the tighter the node spacing will be. And as with most variegated plants, the brighter the light, the stronger the pink variegation will be. Let the soil become get dry between watering as plants can start to rot if over-watered.
- Price is for three cuttings (3)
- Each cutting will have at least two nodes and two leaves.
- Guaranteed to be green, healthy, and alive. Plus pest and pathogen free.
- Guaranteed to be true-to-name.
- Packages are shipped out on Mondays and Tuesdays ONLY.
- If it’s believed the plants are not alive and healthy when you receive them you must let us know any concerns you have within 24 hours of arrival. If we do not hear any concerns within 24 hours it will be assumed that everything arrived in good standing. We cannot be held responsible for mishaps, errors, mistakes, or bad luck after this time frame.
Outdoor light exposure: Part sun, part shade.
Indoor light exposure: Bright indirect light
Mature height: 10 ft
Mature width: 1-5 ft
Hardiness zones: 10-12
The plant you will receive will be one of these plants or a similar one.
Please note: We ship plants orders out on Mondays and Tuesdays only.