Customers are encouraged to carefully read these terms and conditions of use before using A Thousand Flowers website.
We reserve the right to change, modify, or withdraw all, or any part of athousandflowers.us at any time, without notice. Any new features to the current website shall be subject to these terms also, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting.
Prices and seed availability are subject to change at any time, without notice.
These terms and conditions govern your use of our website; by using our website (accessing, browsing, buying, etc) you accept the legal agreement to the policies and terms & conditions stipulated on this page. By using athousandflowers.us you agree to comply with all local applicable laws and regulations for the state in which you reside, thus it is your responsibility to become familiar with the local seed laws in your state. A Thousand Flowers does not intend to promote, advertise, or encourage anyone to act in conflict with state laws, and we explicitly point out that we cannot be held responsible for the actions of persons who purchase our seeds, nor for their actions following such a purchase.
If you disagree to any part of the terms and conditions on this page, then do not use this website.
If your product happens to arrive contaminated or smashed, etc, simply provide digital photographs to us within 48 hours of receiving your order and we will dispatch another package.
If there are any germination issues with the quality of the seeds you receive it is advised to first research the most effective method to germinate them and see if any changes need to be made, and then if no luck please reach out to us.
General shipping info:
- Seed orders will ship out via First-class mail (typically 2-4 days transit time).
- We are proud to offer some of the quickest shipping in the industry. Our seed packages almost always ship out within 24-48 hours of payment.
- Live plants and unrooted cuttings orders will ship out on Mondays and Tuesdays ONLY via Priority mail (typically 2-3 days transit time)
- We can NOT ship rooted plants to Florida, Idaho, Lousiana, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennesee, Virginia, and West Virginia at this time without a Phytosanitary certificate. Checkout is disabled for these items in these states. However, unrooted cuttings do not fall under these same guidelines. Although it is usually cost prohibitive, if you would like to purchase a phytosanitary certificate to accompany your order, please send us an email and we can arrange a shipment. The at-cost price will be somewhere around $185 per order. (Approximately $160 of this is paying WSDA’s fees.)
- We take a photo of every order before we ship it out so we have proof of the condition of the packaging and its contents at the time of shipping, for your sake and ours.
- You will receive an automated email with a tracking number once your order is fully packaged and ready to ship. Please keep in mind that tracking info may not update until the following day.
- If your package does not arrive to the address your order was addressed to we will reship your package. (We consider the tracking and delivery reports provided by USPS to be final proof of delivery, so if it says your shipment was delivered, we consider it delivered.)
- If you have any questions please send us an email.
- Seed orders — $5 flat-rate shipping
- Unrooted cuttings orders — $9 flat rate shipping
- Rooted plants* — shipping rates vary based on weight and geo-location (Prices range from $10 to $45)
*Our plants in 1-gallon or 2-gallon pots can be LARGE, so we must cut them back to fit in the shipping box, thus no rooted plants will be taller than 22 inches upon shipping.
- $15 shipping cost (with tracking)
- Orders from Canada must meet a $20 minimum order amount before an order can be placed.
- We do not ship plants or cuttings to Canada.
- $8 shipping cost
- All international orders must meet a $20 minimum amount before an order can be placed.
- We ship to MOST countries. The countries that most US companies don’t ship to, we don’t either.
- International orders will NOT be sent with a tracking number because they will be sent as a letter (snail-mail).
- At this time any large-sized seeds will be disabled from international checkout due to shipping restrictions (lupine, scabiosa, salsify, teasel, etc).
- We do not ship plants or cuttings out of the United States.
Refunds and Cancellations:
We can only accept cancellations of orders just as long as the order is still in our possession and has not yet shipped out. Once the order has been shipped, a refund is not possible.
If you wish to cancel an item or an order please contact us as soon as possible.
A Thousand Flowers maximum liability arising from any product sold shall not exceed the price of such product.
We understand that privacy is a top concern for our customers, so we are dedicated to providing a safe and secure environment for them, so we collect just enough personal information to process your order. We will never share your personal details with any third party organization or institution, except for the purposes of processing your order as was described above.
Limitation of Liability:
IN NO EVENT SHALL A THOUSAND FLOWERS, ITS OWNERS, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA, USE, OR PROFITS), HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT THIS COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES. YOU AGREE THAT THE COMPANIES MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING FROM ANY PRODUCT SOLD SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PRICE OF SUCH PRODUCT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT SUCH JURISDICTIONS LAW IS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.