Buddleja myriantha | Chinese Butterfly Bush
Buddleja myriantha, known as Chinese Butterfly Bush and Western-Asia Butterfly Bush, is a variable species found in Western China and northern Myanmar. is an upright, borderline hardy, deciduous to semi-evergreen shrub with elliptic to narrowly elliptic, toothed, grey-green leaves andThe leaves are narrow, toothed and dark-green, and are covered underneath with a fine silvery-grey felt. Slender panicles of fragrant violet to purple flowers bloom in summer.It can be found growing in open woodlands, forest edges, and on stream banks. Mature plants can grow to a height of 12 ft in the wild, but often stay shorter in cultivation.
The internet is littered with ‘B. curviflora’ or ‘B. salvifolia’ plants that are mislabeled as B. myriantha, despite the blooms being noticeably different.
Sun Exposure: Full sun
Mature height: 6-8 ft
Mature width: 5-8 ft
Hardiness zones: 6-9
- Price is for three cuttings (3)
- Each cutting is 4-9 inches long. May be single top or multi-top.
- Guaranteed to be green, healthy, and alive. Plus pest and pathogen free.
- Guaranteed to be true-to-name.
- Please only order unrooted cuttings if you are comfortable and familiar with rooting plants
- Plant orders shipped out on Monday and Tuesday ONLY.
- If it’s believed the plants are not alive and healthy when you receive them you must let us know any concerns you have within 24 hours of arrival. If we do not hear any concerns within 24 hours it will be assumed that everything arrived in good standing. We cannot be held responsible for mishaps, errors, mistakes, or bad luck after this time frame.
How to prepare cuttings to root via rooting cubes inside a humidity dome.
- Upon arrival, give cuttings a new fresh cut on the bottom of the stem. Then set in a cup of water for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- After soaking, gently cut or scrape small marks into the bottom portion of the plant stem (½ inch) with scissors or a razor blade.
- Dip the scarred end of the stem into rooting gel or rooting powder (gel is superior). This can be done without rooting gel, but results are not as good.
- Insert the plant stem into a rooting cube (Oasis cubes, grow plugs, soil-cubes, rock-wool cubes, etc) and place into a nursery tray with a humidity dome over the top. One cutting per cube. Custom individual humidity domes can be made using plastic cups and/or plastic cling wrap.
- After the first 3-5 days, the humidity dome should be opened up or set ajar to slowly allow more air in as the plants start to root. At this point, the cubes should be allowed to become mostly dry before adding any more water.
- Once 2-3 roots grow out of the bottom of the root-cube, the plant can be transplanted into soil.
- More detailed rooting instructions will accompany your order.