Buddleja davidii x Buddleja albiflora | Butterfly Bush hybrid ‘Lavender Luck’
We picked up this plant as Buddleja stenostachya from a retailer and grew her out for a couple years only to discover that not B. stenostachya. We did some digging around and spoke to a Buddleja expert in the UK and we came to the determination that it’s an inter-species hybrid cross between Buddleja davidii and Buddleja albiflora. Because of the ploidy difference, the plant inherited the dark red/purple stems, yellow eyes, and earlier blooms (mid summer) from the B. albiflora parent. The long, tapering blooms are very similar to B. davidii, but are distinct in that every part of the flower is purple or lavender, with the exception of the pale-yellow eyes.
Since its creation, this plant has made its way across continents and into our garden, and yet, it’s extremely rare in cultivation. I’ve yet to see this plant labeled properly online, until now. And rather than having to always list it by its lineage, I figured I’d give it a suitable name– ‘Lavender Luck’.
Seeds will germinate with heat, humidity, and light and seedlings will grow up to look just like ‘Lavender Luck’. Do not cover tiny seeds with soil. Seedlings start out extremely tiny, so the most delicate of care must be taken for the first few weeks.
We are the ONLY seed bank in the WORLD to offer these seeds.
Sun Exposure: Full sun
Mature height: 8-12 ft
Mature width: 5-8 ft
Hardiness zones: 6-9
- Price is for two cuttings (2)
- Each cutting is 4-9 inches long. May be single top or multi-top.
- Guaranteed to be green, healthy, and alive. Plus pest and pathogen free.
- Guaranteed to be true-to-name.
- Cuttings orders must select the ‘Plants & cuttings’ shipping option during checkout.
- Packages are shipped out on Mondays and Tuesdays ONLY.
- If it’s believed the plants are not alive and healthy when you receive them you must let us know any concerns you have within 24 hours of arrival. If we do not hear any concerns within 24 hours it will be assumed that everything arrived in good standing. We cannot be held responsible for mishaps, errors, mistakes, or bad luck after this time frame.