Buddleja albiflora | Butterfly Bush (no common name)
Buddleja albiflora is a deciduous shrub from the mountains of central China where it grows on steep slopes at altitudes of 3,000 – 6,000 ft. Can be found growing in open woodlands, forest edges and on stream banks. Mature plants can grow to a height of 12 ft in the wild, but often stay shorter in cultivation. The leaves are narrow, toothed and dark-green, and are covered underneath with a fine silvery-grey felt. Its scientific name is a misnomer (‘white flower’) because the sweetly fragrant flowers are a pale-lilac in color with orange centers.
Buddleja albiflora is similar to Buddleja davidii, but has rounded stems as opposed to four-angled, square stems. The long, tapering flower panicles are similar to those of B. davidii, but are more narrow and not quite as ‘showy’, thus B. albiflora is not as common in cultivation. In fact, many folks don’t even know this plant exists it’s so rare. Our seeds were sourced from their native region in China, and were then grown out and harvested at 48 longitude in Zone 8.
We are one of the only companies in the WORLD to offer this plant.
Sun Exposure: Full sun
Mature height: 8-12 ft
Mature width: 5-8 ft
Hardiness zones: 6-9
- Price is for three cuttings (3)
- Each cutting is 4-9 inches long. May be single top or multi-top.
- Guaranteed to be green, healthy, and alive. Plus pest and pathogen free.
- Guaranteed to be true-to-name.
- Packages are shipped out on Mondays and Tuesdays ONLY.
- If it’s believed the plants are not alive and healthy when you receive them you must let us know any concerns you have within 24 hours of arrival. If we do not hear any concerns within 24 hours it will be assumed that everything arrived in good standing. We cannot be held responsible for mishaps, errors, mistakes, or bad luck after this time frame.