Hibiscus rosa-sinensis | Checkered Hibiscus ‘Rose Queen’ (aka Red Hot, Carnival, Roseflake, and Tricolor)
Hibiscus rosa-sinensis, commonly called Checkered Hibiscus, Coopers Variegated Hibiscus, Chinese hibiscus, China rose, Hawaiian hibiscus, and Rose mallow, is an old type that is now making a comeback with a new audience. There are a trio of variegated foliage hibiscus plants and they are widely grown as an ornamentals for their tri-colored, brilliantly-variegated foliage which are splashed with either white and green, or white and green and pink. The more sun exposure/direct light, the brighter the variegation on the plants. If leaves are dark green and then are exposed to extra light they will slowly turn pink. Not only are the leaves spectacular, but beautiful blazing-red tropical flowers will bloom on new growth throughout the long-daylight season. The unusual green, pink and white variegation of the leaves adds great texture and interest even when it not in flower
This ‘Rose Queen’ variegated Hibiscus variety is a highly sought Tropical Hibiscus cultivar. It is one of a trio, and the brightest of the bunch with true tri-colored leaves of green, white, and bright pink. The difference between ‘Aussie Queen’ and the ‘Rose Queen’ is ‘Rose Queen’ has splashes of bright pink all over the leaves, while ‘Aussie Queen’ has more white leaves, some of which are nearly solid-white when new, and the pink coloring is limited to only the edges of the leaves.
Well suited for permanent potted culture as an indoor tropical houseplant, or can be grown outdoors as a perennial in zones 10+. Requires ample nutrients, regular moisture, and moderate amounts of sunlight
- Price is for three cuttings (3)
- Each cutting is 4-8 inches long. May be single top or multi-top.
- Guaranteed to be green, healthy, and alive. Plus pest and pathogen free.
- Guaranteed to be true-to-name.
- Packages are shipped out on Mondays and Tuesdays ONLY.
- If it’s believed the plants are not alive and healthy when you receive them you must let us know any concerns you have within 24 hours of arrival. If we do not hear any concerns within 24 hours it will be assumed that everything arrived in good standing. We cannot be held responsible for mishaps, errors, mistakes, or bad luck after this time frame.
When purchasing unrooted plant cuttings we ask that you please be familiar and comfortable with asexual plant propagation (rooting clones). If you don’t have a tried and true method that works for you, we recommend purchasing a rooted plant.
Outdoor light exposure: Full sun
Indoor light exposure: Direct sunlight/high light
Mature height: 4 ft
Mature width: 3 ft
Hardiness zones: 10-11
Please note: We ship plants orders out on Mondays and Tuesdays only.